In Fort Morgan, Colorado, a former sugar plant worker has died of mesothelioma.
The 71-year-old man worked at Great Western Sugar Co. from 1963 to 2002. The use of asbestos peaked in the 1930s to the 1970s, and as such, many people working in blue collar jobs were exposed to asbestos during this time. When asbestos dust is inhaled, it becomes extremely dangerous. The carcinogenic fibers then embed themselves in the lungs and years later, a tumor may form after the cells divide.
If you or someone you love would like to learn more about the dangers of asbestos, contact us or visit our site www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.