Abestos was found at Margaret Morrison Carnegie Hall’s stairwells affecting the repairs to be done there.
Officials said that all of the hard plaster was contaminated with asbestos, which is a chemical used in materials for fire and heat resistance. Any renovations that will disturb the plaster will have to be done by a contractor from the health department. The renovations that need to be done on the hall are to due to water damage that occurred earlier in the year. The asbestos issue will be resolved soon to make the campus as safe as possible.
If you or someone you love would like to learn more about the danger of asbestos exposure, contact us or visit us at our site www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org,