A $4 million renovation project at an Illinois high school released asbestos into the air.
The problem was identified in March after the students in six classrooms were relocated after dust around windows was thought to contain asbestos. The move was the idea of a teacher at the school, who also paid for the tests to be done.
After the test was ran and confirmed that asbestos was found, he informed 150 school officials. Crews have been sent to do the asbestos remediation and will clean up the residue and refill any gaps with caulk.
If you or a loved one would like to learn more about the health hazards that can be caused by exposure to asbestos, contact us or visit us at our site www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.