A California jury awarded a couple $208 million in an mesothelioma verdict. The wife, was diagnosed with mesothelioma from being exposed to asbestos on her husband’s clothing.
Her husband worked for Los Angeles Department of Power and Water where he was exposed to asbestos while cutting cement water pipes that were made of asbestos cement. After cutting these pipes, asbestos-containing product released carcinogenic fibers into the air. The fibers were released, inhaled and the man’s wife was exposed to these fibers when washing her husband’s clothes.
The jury awarded the couple with $200 million in punitive damages and $8 million in compensatory damages. The manufacturer of the asbestos-containing cement pipe was assigned 70 percent of the liability in this case.
If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and you would like to learn more, contact us or visit our site at http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.