Mesothelioma or Asbestos Question?





Texas asbestos suit claims woman contracted mesothelioma from washing clothes

A Texas woman’s family is claiming that their family died after wrongfully contracting mesothelioma from washing her father,  husband and son’s work clothes.

The woman was diagnosed with malignant mesothelioma and died on May 30, 2008 and now her husband and sons have filed a suit against Shell Energy North America LP, Royal Dutch Shell PLC, Exxon Mobil Corp, and Alon USA. The woman’s father worked at a refinery for 38 years.

The family claims that the woman contracted the disease as a result of washing her family’s clothes that were coated with asbestos dust. The suit claims that the defendants did not fulfill their duty to provide a safe workplace and protect their employees.

Mesothelioma is caused from exposure to asbestos fibers after they are disturbed and lodged in the lung.The disease can be dormant for up to 50 years. Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the victim.

Leave a Reply

Archives

Categories

Blogroll

Admin

Home  |  Asbestos  |  Mesothelioma  |  Treatment  |  Exposure  |  Legal  |  News  |  Articles  |  Other Law Sites  |  Log in | John Eddie Williams +