A woman from the United Kingdom has recently been awarded compensation after her husband died of mesothelioma after working in a cigarette filter factory.
The woman’s 58-year-old husband died of mesothelioma cancer last year. Mesothelioma is primarily caused by exposure to asbestos particles and it is thought that the man was exposed to this during his employment at Filtrona cigarette filter factory.
The factory at first denied that the man was exposed to asbestos particle while working there, but later withdrew the statements. The case has now been settled and the woman was compensated for her loss.
If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and has questions and concerns about the health hazards that are associated with the harmful particles, contact us or visit the web site for more information.