A jury has awarded a Mississippi man $322 million in an asbestos lawsuit after he claimed that he inhaled asbestos while mixing drilling mud that was produced by Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. and Union Carbide Co.
The verdict was handed down last week and was the largest award that has been given in a single plaintiff asbestos case. The 48-year-old man has asbestosis and is required to use oxygen 24 hours a day.
The man began to work in the oil field when he was 16 and for a period used asbestos while drilling. Thirty years later, he was diagnosed with this disease. The suit states that the company knew of the dangers that were associated with asbestos and continued to market the products.
If you or a loved one has suffered from mesothlelioma or an asbestos related disease after being exposed to asbestos, contact us or visit our web site today for more information at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.