Students at the Eastern Michigan University are concerned with the asbestos findings that were marked with caution tape at Pittman Hall.
According to the student newspaper, the concerns voiced by those living in this dorm have been somewhat ignored by environmental specialists. Although there is asbestos in many building on campus, it is not a danger until the asbestos is disturbed.
Once it becomes airborne, it can lodge inside the lungs and cause asbestos-related lung cancer. The asbestos was found in a pipe in the hallway of the dorm and since it is not in an actual living area, officials were not concerned that students would be in harm’s way.
If you have been exposed to asbestos and would like to learn more about the dangers associated with it, contact us or visit our website at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org today in order to learn more.