A Weston man who worked as a carpenter in his younger years and recently died of a rare cancer was recently found to have developed the diseased after being exposed to asbestos in the workplace for decades.
According to the findings released recently by the Flax Bourton Coroner’s Court, Kenneth Wilton died of mesothelioma due to extensive exposure to asbestos. The 81-year-old Wilton died early in the morning on November 3 at Weston Hospicecare months after he was diagnosed with mesothelioma.
Wilton said in a statement before his death that he had been working with his bare hands while utilizing tools to manipulate asbestos-laden panels.
Being diagnosed with mesothelioma due to asbestos exposure can be devastating. If this disease has affected you or a loved one, fill out the above form to get the help and guidance you need in this difficult time.