Mesothelioma or Asbestos Question?





Former sugar plant worker dies of mesothelioma

In Fort Morgan, Colorado, a former sugar plant worker has died of mesothelioma.

The 71-year-old man worked at Great Western Sugar Co. from 1963 to 2002. The use of asbestos peaked in the 1930s to the 1970s, and as such, many people working in blue collar jobs were exposed to asbestos during this time. When asbestos dust is inhaled, it becomes extremely dangerous. The carcinogenic fibers then embed themselves in the lungs and years later, a tumor may form after the cells divide.

If you or someone you love would like to learn more about the dangers of asbestos, contact us or visit our site www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Colorado School to Close Due to Asbestos

An elementary school in Monument, Colorado will be closed because asbestos abatement is necessary.

Residents are upset because many of their kids can walk, bike or bus to school but once the school is closed they will have to be bussed to a further school. This school was chosen for the closure because it is the oldest one in the district. The school will also go through other renovations while it is closed. Asbestos fibers, when inhaled, can cause many dangerous lung diseases such as mesothelioma.

If you or someone you love has been exposed to asbestos fibers, contact us or visit us at our website www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Asbestos Removal under Utah High School

In Utah, the community around a historic high school has raised $7 million in order to renovate the school. Asbestos abatement is a large part of the renovation.

The asbestos is being treated with water in order to reduce the number of airborne particles in the air. Asbestos becomes dangerous when airborne because once the fibers are inhaled, they stick to the lining of the lungs. Officials say that the tough part of the renovation project is keeping the historical feel of the school while renovating from top to bottom. The project is said to be done by spring 2010.

If you or someone you love has been exposed to asbestos and would like to learn more about asbestos-related diseases, contact us or visit us www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

College Apartments to Undergo Asbestos Removal

Apartments at Stephen F. Austin University in Nacogdoches, Texas are scheduled to be demolished. Before any work can begin on the demolition, asbestos abatement has to be completed.

The abatement has begun, but officials say that it could take weeks for the project to be finished. The apartments date back to 1969 when asbestos was not regulated. Asbestos exposure has been directly linked to the development of mesothelioma. After the abatement and demolition, a parking garage will stand where the apartments are now.

If you or someone you love is suffering from an asbestos-related disease, such as mesothelioma, contact us or visit us at out site www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Four Men Arrested After Asbestos Removal Project

Four men were arrested after allegedly breaking environmental laws when removing asbestos from a condominium project.

All four men pleaded not guilty. Asbestos was found in the popcorn ceiling and the men, according to the indictment, thought the full removal project was too expensive. The indictment continues to say that one of the men decided to cover up the asbestos with drywall, which involved drilling into the asbestos. Workers were instructed to do this with little protection from the asbestos they were drilling into.

If you would like to learn more about the dangers of asbestos exposure, contact us or visit us at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

EPA concerned with asbestos work at Kansas prison

During a renovation at a Kansas prison, the Environmenal Protection Agency is concerned that the inmates at a women’s prison might have been exposed to asbestos.

The renovation took place in 2005. Former employees at the prison during the asbestos claimed that improper exposure took place. A request was filed to the department of health to investigate if proper regulations were followed.

Exposure to asbestos can increase your risk at developing lung cancer. Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer that is primarily caused by the exposure to asbestos.

If you would like to learn more about the dangers of asbestos exposure, contact us or visit us at our website www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org/

Senate in Philipines considers banning asbestos

Many interest groups are pushing for the Philipine Senate to pass a bill that would ban asbestos use.

The new bill will include amendments that will help protect the Philipine people from exposure to the material. The bill will also help fund early detection programs for people who are at risk of developing mesothelioma. They are trying to pass the bill as soon as possible to stop the use of asbestos and help stop exposing people to the substance.

If you or someone you love has been exposed to asbestos and would like to learn more, contact us or visit us at our website www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org/.

Former Marine Diagnosed with Mesothelioma

A former marine, fireman and engineer has been diagnosed with the fatal cancer, mesothelioma.

Between 1943 and 1980, the man worked at a number of places. Any of the places could have exposed him to asbestos. Asbestos was used often in the military during the World War II era for fireproofing materials. When the asbestos fibers are inhaled they can cause serious illness.

If you are a military veteran and have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease, and would like to learn more, contact us or visit our site at http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org/

Archives

Categories

Blogroll

Admin

Home  |  Asbestos  |  Mesothelioma  |  Treatment  |  Exposure  |  Legal  |  News  |  Articles  |  Other Law Sites  |  Log in | John Eddie Williams +