Mesothelioma or Asbestos Question?





Asbestos found at Boy Scout camp

Asbestos has been found and removed at a summer camp for Boy Scouts in Eden Mills.

Samples taken in 2009 found that asbestos material was found in the buildings at Mt. Norris Boy Scout Reservation. Crews from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency have been working to remove the contamination in time for the boys to return to the camp.

The EPA has cleaned all of the 58 buildings using negative air machines and specialized vacuums. Exposure to asbestos is the primary cause of mesothelioma, a rare and aggressive lung cancer.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and you would like to learn more about the health hazards associated with the disease, contact us or visit our site http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Women files asbestos suit after death of brother

A West Virginia woman has filed a mesothelioma suit against 65 companies after the death of her brother from mesothelioma.

The woman is claiming that her brother’s death was caused by working with asbestos-laden products that were made or used by the defendant companies. Her brother was diagnosed with mesothelioma on February 22 and died on March 5. He worked for Amco Steel from 1965 to 1986 as a rigger.

Exposure to asbestos is the primary cause of mesothelioma, a rare and aggressive form of cancer. The disease can lay dormant for up to 50 years before an indidvidual begins to feel symptoms.

Mesothelioma is an aggressive cancer that takes the lives of 3,000 Americans a year. Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the victim.

Jury awards man $14 million in asbestos suit

A Florida jury has awarded a 57-year-old man $14 million in a mesothelioma suit.

The suit claimed that the man was exposed to asbestos while working at his family’s construction company during the 1970s. During this time, asbestos was used in joint compounds in the construction industry and was used in nearly 3,000 construction projects.

The jury found that Union Carbide, a chemical manufacturing company, was negligent for selling the asbestos fibers to companies. The company was founded in 1917 and sold asbestos fibers to companies until 1985.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and you would like to learn more about the health hazards associated with the fiber, contact us or visit us at our site http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Asbestos halts Florida construction project

A construction project that was scheduled to be done by the end of May has been halted after finding asbestos material in dirt and pilings around the area.

A construction crew will be removing the carcinogenic material from the area on May 18. The workers will be required to follow the laws when removing the asbestos and will be wearing protective gear including coveralls, masks and gloves. They will also be wetting the land so that the asbestos will not become airborne.

Once asbestos fibers become airborne they can lodge into the lungs and remain dormant for years. The fibers then can cause a rare and aggressive lung cancer called mesothelioma.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and would like to learn about the health issues associated with it, contact us or visit our site http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Asbestos removal necessary at Wisconsin high school

Asbestos was found at a high school in the  Nicolet School District, but officials say removal of the materials will wait until after the semester is over.

The Superintendent stated in a letter to the parents that the removal will wait until after June 14 to make sure that the students are not disturbed during their final examinations.

He also stated that the school would follow the very strict state and federal asbestos removal guidelines. Parents are happy with the halt in renovations because they did not want their children around during it, for health concerns.

If you would like to learn more about the health hazards associated with asbestos exposure, contact us or visit us at our site http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Two men charged with illegal asbestos handling

Two men from Massachusetts have been charged and plead guilty to illegal asbestos handling in violation of the Massachusetts Clean Air Act.

The two men work for Northeast Demolition and Removal and were charged with this violation after they ordered to have parts of a building torn down after asbestos was found. A licensed asbestos contractor found the asbestos, but the two men did not properly dispose of the carcinogen before beginning the demolition project.

Once asbestos becomes airborne, it can be very harmful and can lead to lung cancers such as mesothelioma.The two men were sentenced to two years of probation and were ordered to pay fines.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and would like to learn more about the health hazards associated with the material, contact us or visit us at our site http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Painter awarded sum in asbestos suit

A Texas painter has won a lawsuit against Union Carbide  Corporation and other product manufacturers for mining asbestos and manufacturing products that caused him to develop and asbestos-related disease.

The man worked as a painter in Dallas and painted everything from single-family homes to strip malls and skyscrapers. The man has developed mesothelioma, a rare and aggressive form of lung cancer that is primarily caused from asbestos exposure.

The man was exposed to asbestos during his career when he came in contact with drywall compounds, block filters and texturing paints.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and would like to learn more, contact us or visit us at our site http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Couple files second asbestos suit

A couple filed a second asbestos suit in Madison County Court for the husband who, according to the claim, developed an asbestos-related disease from his career as an insulator.

The couple claimed that 59 defendant corporations caused the husband to develop the asbestos-related disease, which caused him to be disabled and disfigured. The couple filed one complaint in St. Clair County Court on April 27 and a similar complaint on May 3.

The couple is seeking punitive, exemplary, and compensatory damages to sufficiently punish the corporations who they feel are to blame for the husband’s disease.

If you would like to learn more about the health hazards associated with asbestos exposure, contact us or visit our site http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

New York contractors charged with asbestos-related crimes

Two New York contractors have been charged with asbestos-related crimes by the State Attorney General’s Office, after allegedly dumping asbestos-contaminated materials improperly.

One of the men is the of owner Peerless Environmental Control, a local asbestos abatement contractor, and the other man is a self-employed contractor. The two men allegedly disposed of over five tons of asbestos-contaminated materials in an abandoned warehouse in Buffalo.

Asbestos exposure is the primary cause of the mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer that develops after asbestos particles are disturbed and inhaled. Improperly disposing the known carcinogen causes the materials to be disturbed and can become a hazard to the public.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and you would like to learn more about the health hazards associated with the toxin, contact us or visit our site http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Baltimore building fined for asbestos violation

According to Maryland environmental officials, a $1.2 million fine has been given by a judge to  Baltimore building over asbestos violations while renovating.

This case is now the largest asbestos fine in Maryland’s state history. These asbestos violations were found by an anonymous complaint in 2007. The Department of the Environment said that inspectors found asbestos-laden material being shoveled into a garbage shoot and an open bin.

Employees were also not wearing the appropriate clothing while controlling the dust. Inspectors ordered the work to be stopped and the licensed asbestos contractor was brought in.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and would like to learn more about the health risks associated with the material, contact us or visit us at our site http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Archives

Categories

Blogroll

Admin

Home  |  Asbestos  |  Mesothelioma  |  Treatment  |  Exposure  |  Legal  |  News  |  Articles  |  Other Law Sites  |  Log in | John Eddie Williams +