Mesothelioma or Asbestos Question?





Asbestos found at Museum of Contemporary Art

Four hundred workers may have been exposed to asbestos while working on a renovation project at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney.

According to a union for construction workers, the workers were renovating the Circular Quay building when it was found that there was asbestos in the sandstone joints, in windows and pipes. The workers have been cutting into pipes without masks on since the multi-million project began over a year ago.

Some are claiming that the contractors for the project should have known about the possibility that the dangerous carcinogen was used in the building. Mesothelioma can take a long time to develop and it may not be known if these workers have been affected for another 40 years.

If you or a loved one has developed mesothelioma as a result of being exposed to asbestos without your knowledge, contact us or visit our site today http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Asbestos found during renovation project at New York fire station

Asbestos was found at a New York fire station while it was undergoing a renovation project when an air quality test was done on the building.

The firefighters at the fire station No. 3 in Lackwanna, New York ordered the test to be done when a large amount of dust was found. Firefighters then received a note that they should avoid the second floor of the fire station because a lab report on the dust found signs of asbestos.

Officials then determined that just avoiding the floor would not be enough and the station was vacated so that the asbestos can be removed properly. Asbestos particles are the primary cause of mesothelioma, an aggressive lung cancer that develops after asbestos particles are inhaled and lodged in the lung.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and have developed mesothelioma as a result, contact us for more information or visit our web site today at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org today.

Actor Harold Hopkins dies of mesothelioma cancer

Actor Harold Hopkins has died after battling mesothelioma, an aggressive lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos particles. He was 67.

According to Hopkins’ family, the man was exposed to asbestos at his first job out of high school when he was a carpenter in Queensland.

Hopkins had major roles in movies such as Gallipoli, The Club and Don’s Party. He appeared in 16 movies total and also in an Australian television show. The man is survived by six siblings, one his twin brother.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and developed mesothelioma as a result. Contact us for more information on the disease or  learn more about the toxic fibers by visiting our website today at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Students concerned with asbestos findings in Michigan dorms

Students at the Eastern Michigan University are concerned with the asbestos findings that were marked with caution tape at Pittman Hall.

According to the student newspaper, the concerns voiced by those living in this dorm have been somewhat ignored by environmental specialists. Although there is asbestos in many building on campus, it is not a danger until the asbestos is disturbed.

Once it becomes airborne, it can lodge inside the lungs and cause asbestos-related lung cancer. The asbestos was found in a pipe in the hallway of the dorm and since it is not in an actual living area, officials were not concerned that students would be in harm’s way.

If you have been exposed to asbestos and would like to learn more about the dangers associated with it, contact us or visit our website at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org today in order to learn more.

Officials make plan to remove asbestos from school gym

Officials have made a plan in order to remove the asbestos from a school gym. The asbestos was found in the tiles of the gym floor and must be removed before any further renovations can be done on the area in order to protect the health of those nearby.

Officials have announced that those who have been to the gym recently should not have concerns for their health. The chairman of the board stated that the original plan was to put the new floor on top of the old in order to seal the asbestos, but was later told that this could not be done.

A representative from the environmental consulting company was at the school board meeting in order to answer any questions that parents may have. The tile removal will add up to $10,700 to the gym renovation project.

If you or a loved one has recently been exposed to the toxic carcinogen, asbestos, you need experienced representation on your side. Contact us or visit our web site today at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org in order to learn more.

$10 million asbestos lawsuit awarded in Missouri

A $10 million asbestos lawsuit has been awarded in Missouri over claims of improperly handling asbestos materials at the Jackson County Courthouse.

According to the lawsuit, a woman claimed that a U.S. Engineering Co. did not properly handle asbestos materials at the courthouse where she worked for 27 years. The woman claims that she developed mesothelioma as a result.

After the woman filed the lawsuit in October 2010, she lost her battle with the aggressive cancer. This is now the largest suit, regarding asbestos, in Missouri history.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos has it was improperly handled and you would like to learn more about the toxic material. Contact us of visit our website  www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org for more information today.

Woman files asbestos lawsuit against Chevron on behalf of husband

A woman whose husband died of an asbestos-related disease, has  now filed a lawsuit against Chevron USA and Texaco.

The widow, along with her four children, filed the suit on Nov. 10 and states that their family member was exposed to asbestos fibers while working with Texaco in Port Authur.

The suit continues to state that the man developed pulmonary asbestosis and died in March 2010. The plaintiffs claim that the defendants knew of the dangers associated with asbestos and continued to allow their employees to work with them.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos fibers and you would like to learn more about it, contact us or visit our website for more information at http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Man admits to violating asbestos removal laws

A man from Pittsford has admitted to violating asbestos removal laws and he has recently plead guilty in front of a federal court.

According to court records, the 38-year-old man violated the Clean Air standards when he was supervising a Irondequoit renovation project.

The man allegedly hired a contractor to remove the asbestos from pipes in the building, but the man was not licensed to do so. The court records show that the man knew that there was asbestos in the in building that needed to be removed.

Violating asbestos removal procedure is not only illegal, but it can put civilians nearby at risk. Asbestos can cause many asbestos-related diseases including a rare lung cancer, mesothelioma. If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and would like to learn more about it. Contact us or visit our website today at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Twelve Nevada charter schools must undergo asbestos inspection

Twelve charter schools in Nevada now must undergo asbestos inspections in order to comply with federal environmental laws.

Seven schools are in Washoe County and five of them were in Clark County and according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, two of them had asbestos particles in them.

All of the schools that had asbestos in them are required to have management plans for handling the asbestos and they must conduct regular inspections. When asbestos particles are disturbed, they become airborne and can lodge into a person’s lungs and lead to lung cancer.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to this material and would like to learn more about it, contact us or visit our web site at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org today in order to answer any questions that you may have.

Employees at Virginia nuclear power plant possibly exposed to asbestos

According to reports from the State Department of Labor, contract employees at the Surry nuclear power plant were exposed to asbestos in April while cutting pipes on the plant.

Before the job began, safety officials said that there would not be asbestos on any of the pipes and if there was, they would clearly labeled. Later, asbestos, a known carcinogen, was found on the clothing of a dozen of the employees.

The amount of asbestos that the workers were exposed to is not known because equipment to examine the air quality was not on the site when the job was being done. An investigation into the plant’s parent company, Dominion Virginia Power, remains underway at this time.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos without your knowledge or without the correct safety wear, contact us or visit our website today for more information at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Archives

Categories

Blogroll

Admin

Home  |  Asbestos  |  Mesothelioma  |  Treatment  |  Exposure  |  Legal  |  News  |  Articles  |  Other Law Sites  |  Log in