Mesothelioma or Asbestos Question?





Asbestos found at Museum of Contemporary Art

Four hundred workers may have been exposed to asbestos while working on a renovation project at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Sydney.

According to a union for construction workers, the workers were renovating the Circular Quay building when it was found that there was asbestos in the sandstone joints, in windows and pipes. The workers have been cutting into pipes without masks on since the multi-million project began over a year ago.

Some are claiming that the contractors for the project should have known about the possibility that the dangerous carcinogen was used in the building. Mesothelioma can take a long time to develop and it may not be known if these workers have been affected for another 40 years.

If you or a loved one has developed mesothelioma as a result of being exposed to asbestos without your knowledge, contact us or visit our site today http://www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Asbestos found during renovation project at New York fire station

Asbestos was found at a New York fire station while it was undergoing a renovation project when an air quality test was done on the building.

The firefighters at the fire station No. 3 in Lackwanna, New York ordered the test to be done when a large amount of dust was found. Firefighters then received a note that they should avoid the second floor of the fire station because a lab report on the dust found signs of asbestos.

Officials then determined that just avoiding the floor would not be enough and the station was vacated so that the asbestos can be removed properly. Asbestos particles are the primary cause of mesothelioma, an aggressive lung cancer that develops after asbestos particles are inhaled and lodged in the lung.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and have developed mesothelioma as a result, contact us for more information or visit our web site today at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org today.

Actor Harold Hopkins dies of mesothelioma cancer

Actor Harold Hopkins has died after battling mesothelioma, an aggressive lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos particles. He was 67.

According to Hopkins’ family, the man was exposed to asbestos at his first job out of high school when he was a carpenter in Queensland.

Hopkins had major roles in movies such as Gallipoli, The Club and Don’s Party. He appeared in 16 movies total and also in an Australian television show. The man is survived by six siblings, one his twin brother.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and developed mesothelioma as a result. Contact us for more information on the disease orĀ  learn more about the toxic fibers by visiting our website today at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org.

Students concerned with asbestos findings in Michigan dorms

Students at the Eastern Michigan University are concerned with the asbestos findings that were marked with caution tape at Pittman Hall.

According to the student newspaper, the concerns voiced by those living in this dorm have been somewhat ignored by environmental specialists. Although there is asbestos in many building on campus, it is not a danger until the asbestos is disturbed.

Once it becomes airborne, it can lodge inside the lungs and cause asbestos-related lung cancer. The asbestos was found in a pipe in the hallway of the dorm and since it is not in an actual living area, officials were not concerned that students would be in harm’s way.

If you have been exposed to asbestos and would like to learn more about the dangers associated with it, contact us or visit our website at www.mesothelioma-asbestoshelp.org today in order to learn more.

Archives

Categories

Blogroll

Admin

Home  |  Asbestos  |  Mesothelioma  |  Treatment  |  Exposure  |  Legal  |  News  |  Articles  |  Other Law Sites  |  Log in | John Eddie Williams +