Mesothelioma or Asbestos Question?





Man with lung cancer gives warning on risks of asbestos exposure

A man suffering from mesothelioma after inhaling asbestos fibers is creating awareness on the early signs of being exposed to the hazardous material, The News reported on August 25.

Cancer patient Brian Cleal, 67, was diagnosed with mesothelioma in 2008. Cleal’s Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease was linked to asbestos exposure and was confirmed by a CT scan. Brian is now suffering from mesothelioma, and narrated that during his younger years, his father came home every day from work as a dockyard driller fully covered with dust. His father was also diagnosed with mesothelioma.

Brian, working with several attorneys, is also part of Breathe Easy, and is promoting awareness on the health risks of asbestos exposure.

People who suffer health conditions linked to asbestos exposure also suffer from great financial loss due to the extensive medication and treatments they need to prolong their lives. If you believe that negligent companies are liable for your asbestos-related illness, a lawyer may be able to fight for you. Learn more of the risks of asbestos exposure and how you may seek help today by filling out the contact form on the top of this page.

Attorney cited for unknowingly permitting asbestos exposure

An attorney was recently cited by the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) in North Jersey after he allowed a contractor to place a container with debris contaminated with asbestos in his parking lot, a North Jersey News article stated on July 23.

According to reports, Attorney Norman Chidiac allowed contractor Steve DiFilippi, also his client, to store a container in his Clifton Avenue office complex parking lot. Nearby residents were furious upon learning that the receptacle contained asbestos-laden debris. The container was only covered with a tarp. Bob Considine of the DEP said that it was unclear if residents near Chidiac’s office had been harmfully exposed to the asbestos. A citation was issued to Chidiac and the contractor is also expected to be charged, Considine said.

When asbestos mineral is accidentally inhaled, people may suffer from a fatal illness that affects the respiratory system. If you suspected that negligent firms are responsible for your exposure, legal counsel may assist you in pressing charges. Find out how you may get legal help and information about the dangers of asbestos to your health today by filling out the contact form at the top of this page.

Archives

Categories

Blogroll

Admin

Home  |  Asbestos  |  Mesothelioma  |  Treatment  |  Exposure  |  Legal  |  News  |  Articles  |  Other Law Sites  |  Log in | John Eddie Williams +