Mesothelioma or Asbestos Question?

UK woman settles mesothelioma case after death of husband

A woman from the United Kingdom has recently been awarded compensation after her husband died of mesothelioma after working in a cigarette filter factory.

The woman’s 58-year-old husband died of mesothelioma cancer last year. Mesothelioma is primarily caused by exposure to asbestos particles and it is thought that the man was exposed to this during his employment at Filtrona cigarette filter factory.

The factory at first denied that the man was exposed to asbestos particle while working there, but later withdrew the statements. The case has now been settled and the woman was compensated for her loss.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and has questions and concerns about the health hazards that are associated with the harmful particles, contact us or visit the web site for more information.

Baltimore building fined for asbestos violation

According to Maryland environmental officials, a $1.2 million fine has been given by a judge to  Baltimore building over asbestos violations while renovating.

This case is now the largest asbestos fine in Maryland’s state history. These asbestos violations were found by an anonymous complaint in 2007. The Department of the Environment said that inspectors found asbestos-laden material being shoveled into a garbage shoot and an open bin.

Employees were also not wearing the appropriate clothing while controlling the dust. Inspectors ordered the work to be stopped and the licensed asbestos contractor was brought in.

If you or a loved one has been exposed to asbestos and would like to learn more about the health risks associated with the material, contact us or visit us at our site





Home  |  Asbestos  |  Mesothelioma  |  Treatment  |  Exposure  |  Legal  |  News  |  Articles  |  Other Law Sites  |  Log in